Garden Route Road Accident Assistance
What should you do in case of a road accident? Who are you going to call? A friend, a spouse, a parent? What if they are not available at that moment? The Ghost Busters will not do either! You need to know what to do when someone bumps your car or even worse when you are involved in an accident.
- STOP! By law you have to stop if you were involved in an accident in any way. Stay at the scene until authorities or parties involved have gathered the required information from you. Remember to stay as calm as possible, take a couple of deep breaths!
- HELP! Help persons who have been hurt if you have first aid knowledge and call the emergency services. If you do not know anything about fist aid best is to wait for someone who does, you do not want to make the possible injuries worse!
- DETAILS! Get the details of all persons involved in the accident as well as witnesses if there are any. Details should include: Full Names, ID Numbers, Addresses, Phone Numbers and Vehicle registration numbers. It is also advised to get a general description of all vehicles involved, the time and road conditions as well as details of the police and traffic officers, ambulance personnel and tow truck drivers involved. It is a good idea to take photographs of the scene and damages.
- REPORT! You do not have to call the police to the accident scene if no one has been hurt. The accident however still needs to be reported to the police within 24 hours of the incident.
- DON’T MOVE! If anyone has been injured in the accident do not move the vehicles or any potential evidence until the police at the scene gives the go ahead.
- CLAIM! If you are insured, which is advisable, you have to report the accident to your insurance company to submit a claim if applicable.
Call Star Truck and Car for reliable tow truck services and road accident assistance. They are available 24/7 in and around George and throughout the Garden Route.